Customer Support Manager
About the role:
Elemental Machines is looking for an experienced, full-time, Customer Support Manager.
The Customer Support Manager is an integral part of the Commercial Team, and a key contributor to Elemental Machines and our Customers’ Success. You will help us achieve our goals by acting as the first point of contact to provide superb customer service. You will have the skills and opportunity to enhance and further build out our support team.
Candidates must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team and strive for personal growth in line with company goals.
The position is located in the Cambridge, MA office. This is a hybrid position where you will partly be located in our office but with the capability to work remotely.
Today’s research, clinical, and quality control labs are expected to discover and produce at a pace once considered unimaginable. Now, to lead is to be led by data. The Elemental Machines platform elevates LabOps teams to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery by simplifying the connection between physical and digital worlds. The result is a lab united by a universal cloud-connected dashboard and operations, informed by monitoring of every asset and environment, both in real-time and over time. Why? The standards established by operations determine the pace of output and discovery organization-wide.
Excellence in LabOps is a connection away.
What do we do?
We elevate LabOps teams to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery.
How do we do it?
We simplify the connection between the physical and digital worlds.
Why do we do it?
Optimizing the operations of research, clinical, and quality control labs has an exponential impact.
Elemental Machines is a startup company based in Cambridge, MA, and we love it here! Being right next to some of the most innovative companies in the IoT and BioTech industries gives us drive and passion to pursue our own big goals, while enabling other companies to pursue theirs.
We are committed to delivering on our promise to our customers: accelerate how they get science done. This commitment touches every level of our culture, because we are excited every day to stretch our creativity in balancing the needs of our customers with the resources at our disposal, and to thoughtfully interact with our peers to keep our mission on track.
- Become product expert of Elemental Machines’s products and services.
- Jump into our support structure and build/improve it.
- Actively listen to customers to understand their issues or concerns.
- Provide step-by-step guidance for the resolution of a technical issue.
- Gather the information needed to solve a customer problem.
- Offer first-tier troubleshooting and help with configuring Elemental Machines Insights Dashboard.
- Educate customers on the features of company products/services to minimize technical challenges.
- Follow-up with customers to ensure their issues are completely resolved and use a ticketing system to document and track customer issues.
- Produce periodic reports of technical support operations to company management.
- Escalate items that are not resolved in accordance with SOPSs to Team Lead or appropriate channels.
- Identify trends to help improve the customer experience and workflow.
- Help us maintain our high level of customer loyalty.
- 3+ years of customer support experience.
- Management experience
- An empathetic and proactive approach to customer support.
- Self-starter and strong problem-solving skills.
- Hands on experience with improving support processes.
- Comfort working in a fast growing company.
- Extensive experience with ticketing systems or other customer support applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as virtual presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
Please send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com and be sure to put the job title you are applying for in the subject line.
Additionally, please include your answers to these two questions:
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for Employment VISA Status (e.g. - H-1B VISA Status)?