Executive Assistant - Cambridge, MA
About the role:
As the Executive Assistant at Elemental Machines, you will support the CEO and the executive management team. You will be responsible for the following administrative and logistical matters:
- Communications: Liaise with senior stakeholders internally and externally to facilitate communications, follow ups, and action items.
- Calendar and schedule management: Proactively manage all calendar activities with a deep understanding of priorities, and in consideration of the most efficient use of time, including offering alternatives and trade offs where necessary or appropriate.
- Travel Management: Organize travel arrangements; anticipate and coordinate point-to-point travel and logistics, including, but not limited to, directions, commuting time, ground transportation, passport and visa processing.
- Expense Management: Prepare and review expense report submissions in accordance with company guidelines.
- Office Logistics: Assist with document formatting (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), office organizational duties, and hosting visitors to the EM office. Organize team events (in Boston and internationally) as required.
- Managing Preferences: Cultivating a general understanding of individual stakeholders’ preferences, business objectives, priorities and schedules and act on their behalf accordingly
- Recruitment coordinating: Assist internal and external recruitment teams with scheduling candidate interviews and other logistical communications
This role suits someone who thrives on taking responsibility in a fast paced environment. We are looking for high quality candidates with prior executive assistant experience to senior leadership. Previous experience of working in a very busy, deadline driven environment is essential. Start-up experience is highly desirable.
The role will also demand an intuitive individual capable of multitasking and taking initiative in absence of detailed instructions - we’re looking for someone that can “connect the dots” and “fill in the blanks” when given high-level direction.
- High customer service orientation – highly responsive, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 4+ years experience as an Executive Assistant for a senior executive
- Willingness to work on-site at our Cambridge, MA office
- A solid track record of administration management and customer service - 5 years + experience in a fast paced environment (really fast paced!) supporting senior executives, strongly preferred
- Someone who thrives by taking on substantial responsibility
- Excellent administrative & organizational skills, including paramount attention to detail and finding logical solutions
- Highly computer literate, including the Microsoft Office Suite and particularly advanced Microsoft Outlook and Word and PowerPoint
- A ‘can do’, positive attitude and a flexible approach
- Strong ability to multitask and effectively prioritize
- Proactive and confident in managing expectations as required. Has the ability to plan ahead but also respond appropriately to unexpected situations
- Ability to challenge senior leadership, when appropriate, to achieve results
- Committed to completing tasks accurately and on deadline
- Absolute discretion with confidential material
- Professional communication style (both verbal and written)
- Experience of working in a global environment across time zones
- Native experience with digital productivity tools such as Slack and Confluence a plus
Elemental Machines is a startup company based in Cambridge, MA, and we love it here! Being right next to some of the most innovative companies in the IoT and BioTech industries gives us drive and passion to pursue our own big goals, while enabling other companies to pursue theirs.
We are committed to delivering on our promise to our customers: accelerate how they get science done. This commitment touches every level of our culture, because we are excited every day to stretch our creativity in balancing the needs of our customers with the resources at our disposal, and to thoughtfully interact with our peers to keep our mission on track.
Today’s research, clinical, and quality control labs are expected to discover and produce at a pace once considered unimaginable. Now, to lead is to be led by data. The Elemental Machines platform elevates LabOps teams to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery by simplifying the connection between physical and digital worlds. The result is a lab united by a universal cloud-connected dashboard and operations, informed by monitoring of every asset and environment, both in real-time and over time. Why? The standards established by operations determine the pace of output and discovery organization-wide.
Excellence in LabOps is a connection away.
What do we do?
We elevate LabOps teams to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery.
How do we do it?
We simplify the connection between the physical and digital worlds.
Why do we do it?
Optimizing the operations of research, clinical, and quality control labs has an exponential impact.