Hardware Project Manager
About the role:
Elemental Machines is looking for a Hardware Project Manager to plan, facilitate, and integrate the development of products within the Device Engineering team, while coordinating with other functional teams to deliver an optimal user experience. As the Hardware Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing and communicating progress against the established cost, schedule and product experience goals to leadership and stakeholders. You will be an integral part of development initiatives, helping guide the team throughout the entire process of product creation, and you will take a systems integration approach to product development, ensuring that all aspects are thoroughly integrated, proven and tested to meet product requirements.
- Spearhead the development process of new hardware projects under the direction of Product Management
- Responsible for overall project management through the life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close)
- Identify and track project risks and work with project stakeholders on risk mitigation plans
- Create and manage project schedule and communicate schedule deadlines to internal and external stakeholders
- Establish knowledge bases and knowledge sharing mechanisms to increase team efficacy
- Manage customer requirements and documentation required to effectively manage program deliverables
- Engage with the Software Development organization to ensure intersecting product features are delivered at the appropriate time
- Work closely with Operations to ensure timely knowledge transfers to ramp up new product production quickly
- Facilitate technical assessments and provide input to business development and project planning activities
- Produce timely project and support deliverables, including clear and concise project and technical documentation
- Ensure complete traceability in test processes
- Support Engineering in coordinating and managing internal & external design and testing activities to deliver on project objectives; establish and maintain vendor relationships
- Collaborate with Engineering to establish viable project budgets and perform make/buy decisions; conduct financial analysis to identify constraints and meet cost objectives
- Conduct periodic project reviews with senior leadership and send reports highlighting project progress and critical issues that require attention
- Work with Engineering management to identify staffing requirements
- Lead and champion the development of new project management and support continuous quality and process improvement
- 5+ years technical project management experience in a fast-paced, technology-focused organization
- Expertise in all aspects of the project planning process, including Gantt charts, resource management and critical path identification and prioritization
- Proven track record of managing projects involving new hardware design
- Demonstrated experience in managing the transfer of hardware products from engineering to production, understanding the build cycle and the challenges associated with manufacturing and supply chain lead times
- Excellent communication and vendor management skills
- Working knowledge of hardware/firmware development processes
- Demonstrated abilities in risk management and mitigation planning
- Strong understanding of both agile and waterfall project management
- Proficiency with JIRA, Confluence and project management software programs
- Strong familiarity and experience with emerging IoT technologies and embedded systems and software
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- PMP certification preferred
Elemental Machines is a startup company based in Cambridge, MA, and we love it here! Being right next to some of the most innovative companies in the IoT and BioTech industries gives us drive and passion to pursue our own big goals, while enabling other companies to pursue theirs.
We are committed to delivering on our promise to our customers: accelerate how they get science done. This commitment touches every level of our culture, because we are excited every day to stretch our creativity in balancing the needs of our customers with the resources at our disposal, and to thoughtfully interact with our peers to keep our mission on track.
Today’s research, clinical, and quality control labs are expected to discover and produce at a pace once considered unimaginable. Now, to lead is to be led by data. The Elemental Machines platform elevates LabOps teams to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery by simplifying the connection between physical and digital worlds. The result is a lab united by a universal cloud-connected dashboard and operations, informed by monitoring of every asset and environment, both in real-time and over time. Why? The standards established by operations determine the pace of output and discovery organization-wide.
Excellence in LabOps is a connection away.
What do we do?
We elevate LabOps teams to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery.
How do we do it?
We simplify the connection between the physical and digital worlds.
Why do we do it?
Optimizing the operations of research, clinical, and quality control labs has an exponential impact.
Please send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com and be sure to put the job title you are applying for in the subject line.
Also, please answer the following two questions in your email:
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for Employment VISA Status (e.g. - H-1B VISA Status)?