Head of Brand Marketing
About Elemental Machines
Today’s research, clinical, and quality control labs are expected to discover and produce at a pace once considered unimaginable. Now, to lead is to be led by data. The Elemental Machines platform elevates LabOps teams in charge of machines, instruments, data, facilities, training, quality, and compliance to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery. But there are over 300 Million physical instruments, devices, and machines not yet connected to the cloud. We are simplifying the connection between the physical and digital worlds using IoT and AI-driven insights. The result is a lab united by a universal cloud-connected dashboards and operation. Excellence in LabOps is a connection away.
What do we do?
We elevate LabOps teams to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery.
How do we do it? We simplify the connection between the physical and digital worlds.
Why do we do it? Optimizing the operations of research, clinical, and quality control labs has an exponential impact.
Elemental Machines is a startup company based in Cambridge, MA, and we love it here! Being right next to some of the most innovative companies in the IoT and BioTech industries gives us drive and passion to pursue our own big goals, while enabling other companies to pursue theirs.
We are committed to delivering on our promise to our customers: accelerate how they get science done. This commitment touches every level of our culture, because we are excited every day to stretch our creativity in balancing the needs of our customers with the resources at our disposal, and to thoughtfully interact with our peers to keep our mission on track.
Elemental Machines is searching for an innovative Head of Brand Marketing to join our Marketing Leadership team.
Ideal candidate will recruit, lead, and manage a high performing team that owns all aspects of awareness and branding. You will collaborate with commercial teams and channel partners to grow customer awareness and maximize conversion.
Responsible for leading and implementing cohesive, impactful awareness and brand marketing programs along with comprehensive global marketing, including Paid/Earned/Owned digital assets. Work with a cross functional team of designers, engineers, branding creatives and other functional to develop and manage branded product line initiatives to support the broader marketing team. And ideally, with hands-on experience in the Life Sciences Space
- Develop, communicate, and maintain a unified brand story and awareness creation; Corporate positioning and messaging architecture; guidelines that ensure a consistent, coherent and relatable story that resonates across audiences (customers, buyers, channel partners, press, analysts, job applicants, employees).
- Develop and execute against a communications strategy, including public, media and analyst relations; executive communications and thought leadership; reputation management and crisis communications, to advance Elemental Machines as a disruptor and leader.
- Elevate and refine our communications, thought leadership, brand design, and events efforts to further establish company’s position in the industry and increase brand awareness across audiences.
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure every touch point with prospects, customers, and members is world class and aligns with brand strategy
- Work closely with Marketing Team and cross-functional leaders to conceptualize, message and implement campaigns and creative themes that resonate with target audiences and create a measurable bias to action.
- Build, coach, and lead best-in-class teams, including Creative/Design, Content, Communications, and brand marketing professionals.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Elemental Machines value prop and messaging to translate it into effective copy for emails, landing pages and other demand assets strategy and execution of Paid/Earned/Owned media/digital assets
- Lead and collaborate with commercial teams and channel partners to execute cohesive, impactful brand marketing programs across multiple customer touch points to drive sales
- Lead internal/external teams/agencies in the creation of key marketing elements/toolkits needed to effective drive sales.
- Minimum of 8+ years of progressive experience supporting a fully integrated brand marketing program. preferably at SaaS or technology companies that sells to Life Sciences customers.
- Proven experience in planning and implementing metrics-driven, digital marketing campaigns (paid/earned/owned) resulting on business growth
- Ability to work under time pressure and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment. Start-up experience enabling high revenue growth preferred
- Entrepreneurial, growth-minded, and agile enough to navigate through vagueness and drive clarity
- Track record of thinking strategically and executing incrementally
- A dynamic, open, dependable, creative, and collaborative approach to work
- Expertise in transforming a brand strategy and into impactful plans
- A detailed understanding of the steps vital to bring branded products to market
- A proven understanding of digital marketing (SEO, Paid, Social, Mobile) and a desire to be on the forefront of digital trends and analytics
- Expertise in developing groundbreaking awareness, and promotions campaigns
- The appetite and ability to teach, nurture, grow, and lead a high performing team
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to influence and motivate team members
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage various projects based on the current business requirements and landscape.
- Ability to flourish in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Proficiency in managing business partners and external agencies
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field. MBA strongly preferred