Head of Growth Marketing
About Elemental Machines
Today’s research, clinical, and quality control labs are expected to discover and produce at a pace once considered unimaginable. Now, to lead is to be led by data. The Elemental Machines platform elevates LabOps teams in charge of machines, instruments, data, facilities, training, quality, and compliance to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery. But there are over 300 Million physical instruments, devices, and machines not yet connected to the cloud. We are simplifying the connection between the physical and digital worlds using IoT and AI-driven insights. The result is a lab united by a universal cloud-connected dashboards and operation. Excellence in LabOps is a connection away.
What do we do?
We elevate LabOps teams to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery.
How do we do it? We simplify the connection between the physical and digital worlds.
Why do we do it? Optimizing the operations of research, clinical, and quality control labs has an exponential impact.
Elemental Machines is a startup company based in Cambridge, MA, and we love it here! Being right next to some of the most innovative companies in the IoT and BioTech industries gives us drive and passion to pursue our own big goals, while enabling other companies to pursue theirs.
We are committed to delivering on our promise to our customers: accelerate how they get science done. This commitment touches every level of our culture, because we are excited every day to stretch our creativity in balancing the needs of our customers with the resources at our disposal, and to thoughtfully interact with our peers to keep our mission on track.
Elemental Machines is searching for a results-driven Head of Growth Marketing to join our Marketing leadership team.
Ideal candidate will recruit, lead, and manage a high performing team that owns all the marketing programs that contributes to Elemental Machine’s opportunity, pipeline, and revenue goals. Focus will be building pipeline of new logo targets through a creative use of digital marketing and demand generation strategies that are aligned to our overall sales and customer expansion approaches.
The role requires applying Demand Waterfall methodology and account-based marketing strategies and use constant testing and optimization to deliver more volume using toolkit of tactics. Work closely with sales and sales development teams and build great relationships with them by speaking a common language, revenue. And ideally, with hands-on experience marketing in the Life Sciences Space.
- Lead the demand generation function to drive predictable, scalable, and repeatable pipeline and revenue.
- Propose, develop, evaluate, and execute multi-channel acquisition programs that seamlessly integrate events, digital, content, email, web, direct mail, paid advertising, social, print (as needed) and account-based marketing.
- Drive Digital Marketing plans and utilization of Paid/Earned/Owned digital assets as it relates to lead/demand generation
- Closely partner with other marketing leaders, product, sales, SDR, and customer success to develop creative account-based programs that open new and expansion opportunities with high-potential, accounts.
- Leverage internal resources as well as external agencies to drive towards business results
- Work with the events team to strategize on the overall event plan and build audiences for each event that translate to revenue.
- Work with product marketing to bring go-to-market plans for new products and features to market in a way that opens and accelerates opportunities.
- Own our lead nurturing programs and consistently optimize them to expedite opportunity creation, pipeline acceleration, and closed-won revenue.
- Bring an A/B testing and optimization framework to each approach, constantly striving to improve past performance.
- Liaise and partner with sales, business development, and customer success to ensure we are getting the most value out of each demand program.
- Establish KPIs for all programs, create results forecasts, and track performance to ensure marketing plans are delivering expected business outcomes.
- 8+ years’ experience in B2B Life Sciences (or similar) marketing, demand generation and/or account-based marketing experience, preferably at SaaS or technology companies that sells to Life Sciences customers.
- Proven experience in planning and implementing metrics-driven, digital marketing campaigns (Paid/Earned/Owned) resulting on business growth
- Ability to work under time pressure and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment. Start-up experience preferred
- Entrepreneurial, growth-minded, and agile enough to navigate through vagueness and drive clarity
- Track record of thinking strategically and executing incrementally
- A dynamic, open, dependable, creative, and collaborative approach to work
- The appetite and ability to teach, nurture, grow, and lead a high performing team
- Strong understanding of Digital Marketing channels and strategies
- Deep experience planning and managing demand generation programs that produce high quality opportunities and create exponential revenue.
- An understanding and hands-on experience with key demand creation approaches, including digital advertising, website optimization, nurture programs, email, events, webinars, demand partnerships, content syndication, sponsorships, and more
- Previous experience running account-based campaigns and a track record of success for penetrating key accounts.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to influence and motivate team members
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage various projects based on the current business requirements and landscape.
- Ability to flourish in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Understanding of Demand Waterfall and Account Based marketing strategies
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required (~10%)
- Experience with HubSpot, Drift, ABM tools and Salesforce is strongly desired
- MBA in Marketing or BA/BS degree with relevant work experience.